The best blender for ice? But why even search for such a specific blender? If you are embarking on the path to eating healthy, there is nothing like a good blender to aid you along the way. One of the biggest challenges you are likely to encounter while you are eating healthy is that it is so hard to keep yourself from snacking on unhealthy things. We generally don’t realize how much we snack in a day and if you are averse to eating fruits and vegetables, it can be extremely hard to keep the calories in check and your tummy full. The best High-power Blenders can help you make the most amazing smoothies in a jiffy and satiate all your cravings in a jiffy.
Buying Guide to the Best Blender For Ice (including high-power blenders)
For finding the perfect blender for ice that works for crushing ice and frozen fruits and making smoothies, there are a number of things you will need to focus on. Important factors include the size of the machine, the motor capacity, the blade design, the noise levels, the clean-up process and the budget you have for the blender.
- Size- Ensure that you buy a blender that fits your needs. It can be frustrating to have a giant blender which needs a certain amount of ice, fruits and veggies to get started if you are making a smoothie for one. It can also be frustrating and time-consuming to make multiple batches.
- Powerful motor- While a powerful motor generally allows for better blending and smoother purees, some machines like the Oster single serve, which is just 250/300watt, can still tackle frozen fruits or straight up ice.
- Blades- Ensure that the blades are capable of pounding down fibrous vegetables. Since you most certainly don’t want any fibres to be present in your smoothies, it is very important to ensure that the blades are powerful enough to crush ice and whole fruits.
- Noise- While no blender is completely silent, look for units that are not as loud. While you will get noise while operating blenders at high speeds, look for ones that have low sound levels at lower speeds if you are sensitive to the noise emitted.
- Ease of clean-up- Look for options that have self-cleaning functions. It can be extremely annoying to have to clean up the nooks and crannies of a blender every time you use it.
- Budget- Ultimately the choice also boils down to the budget you have. If you are looking at durability and performance, the Blendtec is amazing but it does come with a price tag to match. On the other hand, cheaper units may not perform as well and may not last as long.
A list of the Best Reviewed Blenders For Ice
The Blendtec is definitely an amazing blender with the commercial grade 1560watt and 3HP power from a powerful motor. The machine comes with a number of pre-loaded blending cycles. The Tritan co-polyester jar is BPA-free with secure vented lid. It comes with the patented cold-forged winged-tip blades for an amazing blend every single time. The model has an impressive 8-year warranty.
- The Blendtec is amazing at grinding ice, spices, making juices from whole fruits and veggies and blending soups, smoothie making and crushing ice.
- It is very easy to clean with the self-cleaning technology.
- The lid is flexible and messy while opening, as well as the removable cap.
- The blender is pretty loud at top speeds.
Oster is definitely a brand you can trust and this blender is one of the best in the market with the dual direction blade technology to allow easy chopping and grinding. The 3.5” wide blades provide fast and smooth results. The blender works at 1200watt and has a whopping 900watt ice crushing power making this the best pick of the bunch. The 6-cup jar is capable of withstanding thermal shock and the product has a 10-year warranty, which speaks of the quality.
- It is very powerful for the price point and handles ice and other foods very well and produces silky smooth consistency.
- The jar is amazing and thick and can withstand heat.
- Great at blending ice
- The blender is noisy at high speeds.
- The blender can tend to leak if you don’t screw in the bottom properly.
This model from Oster is the perfect option for making single serve smoothies and offers a compact design which can double as a 20oz sports bottle to allow you to drink your smoothie straight from the jar and take your smoothie on the go. It is definitely a less messy option and the 400-watt power is capable of crushing ice and frozen fruits. The resettable fuse can revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- It is quite easy to use and easy to clean.
- It is good at crushing frozen fruits and ice.
- The unit is loud.
- The lack of an on/off button is annoying and the lock and turn feature is tricky.
This is the best option in the market if you are looking for a blender that truly saves time and packs on the nutrition in a simple smoothie. The heavy duty die-cast base ensures that the blender is super stable and the 4 tip QuadPro blade ensures that there are a constant flow and vortex created to ensure a smoother blend. The different speed settings are amazing for different functions and the pulse setting can give you a good consistency. The jar is perfect for making 6 cups of smoothies and the spout provides spill-free pouring. The machine is dishwasher safe.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- The built in-cord storage is a nice touch that prevents the wires from being messy and unorganized.
- The blender is not good for chopping or pureeing.
- You have to add liquid to start the blending process.
5. Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Multi-Function Blender with 14 Speeds & 40 oz Glass Jar, Silver (54221)
If you are looking for something that is more than a simple blender at a price that is absolutely unbeatable, there is nothing better than the Hamilton Beach Wave crusher. With 14 blending functions, the unique wave action that forces the mix down to the blades for the silkiest smoothies and the spout lid which allows you to pour the smoothie out, this baby is unbeatable in the category. The 700-watt power is pretty decent for crushing ice and frozen fruits and the 40pound thermal shock resistant jar can ensure it lasts longer.
- It is really easy to clean up with the self-cleaning button.
- It is super powerful and makes the best smoothies and slushies.
- The lid is very tight and hard to take off.
- It is not ideal for small servings and single serve options.
While the original Nutribullet is far more popular than the professional variant, this is the one you will need if you are looking for something that can actually crush ice and frozen fruits. The pro variant has a 900-watt motor and the patented stainless steel blades that are super powerful and creates a cyclonic motion inside the bullet for the best blend for your smoothies.
- The size is perfect for a single serve and to make individual customized smoothies.
- The motor is really powerful and takes seconds to blend frozen fruits.
- It is also very hard to get the jar into the base to turn on the nutribullet pro.
- Unless the top is screwed on super tightly, it can start leaking a lot.
Shark Ninja is one of those brands you can rely on for high-quality professional kitchen aid tools. The blender offers amazing and impressive performance with the 1100watt high powered motor with three-speed settings, pulsing and single-serve options. It offers a large 72oz. pitcher for making delicious smoothies for your whole family and can pulverize ice to snow and frozen fruits to smoothies in seconds. The 16oz cups are perfect for taking your drinks on the go. The razor sharp blades can blast through whole fruits and vegetables for the perfect shippable smoothies.
- The single-serve option is perfect for people who don’t like a lot of mess.
- The blender handles ice and frozen fruits with ease.
- The blender is super noisy at higher speeds.
- The pitcher is prone to cracking if used improperly.
Ultimately, the best ice blender you are can purchase depends on namely the budget you are looking at and the number of people you are aiming to serve. For making smoothies and slushies for the entire family, the Blendtec is amazing in the higher end side of the scale, though it can do so much more than just blend smoothies. A good mid-range option is the SharkNinja, while the Oster BLSTMB-CBG-000 Pro 1200 Blender, Hamilton Beach Wave or the Black Decker ones are good at the lower-end side. For single serve, the Nutribullet is a great choice at the mid-range level and the Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend is pretty great at the lower-end level.
Check out the other best blender reviews like the best blender for smoothies